AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with a stellar team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to identify antibodies that partners develop into therapeutics to prevent and treat serious diseases.. As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for an outstanding individual who can help us support the expansion of our business development activities.
This is a high-impact position within the business development team, fueling the growth and expansion of our partnership business through dealmaking, thoughtful analysis of information and connecting industry leadership to AbCellera. Your role will be multifaceted by nature - having an in-depth understanding of the complexities of drug discovery and challenges across the industries, along with the ability to gather, document and translate information across multiple disciplines.You will also use your network and transactional experience to expand AbCellera’s ability to identify and transact with prospective partners through AbCellera solutions.
We’d love to hear from you if you are a highly motivated team-player, you thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, you want to learn and grow with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Proactively identifying, sourcing and cultivating information channels for AbCellera within our competitive landscape to empower our Business Development team
- Identify and cultivate relationships with potential partners and work with transaction colleagues to expand AbCellera’s partnerships and deal flow
- As an information seeker, keeping a keen eye on the pulse of the industries we operate in and providing the intelligence to allow AbCellera to act and pivot as needed to support our partners
- Identifying and highlighting strategic areas of innovation, including scientific/financial models
- Researching scientific and business topics using proprietary databases and public information to help drive decision making and strategy
- Aggregating information and developing internal reports, presentations and documentation to showcase and share with Scientific and Executive teams
- Participating in discussions with the scientific and business development teams to identify key areas of growth for the company
- Collaborating with the communication and marketing team to plan, generate and disseminate information, either internally or externally
- Generating materials for internal and external communications in relation with BD activities
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong scientific background, preferably graduate degree in biology, biochemistry, immunology and are familiar with biologics.
- A business oriented mindset - Understanding the nuances of the biotech industry and how to advance product and platform development. An MBA is desirable but not necessary.
- Experience in business development (or similar function) within the biotechnology, venture capital, consulting or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with platform technologies would be ideal, exposure to biotech venture capital is a plus. Relevant undergraduate degrees with life science experience will be considered
- You are interested in the trends and cycles of biotech industry, innovation, and understand how technology can drive value for our business
- You appreciate the role of different business models in growing a business (collaborations, partnerships, licensing, equity investments) and have experience executing licenses or collaborative deal structures
- You are able to synthesize complex information and communicate effectively, using oral and written presentations
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and fast paced team environment You are fluent in Microsoft, Google and Adobe office suites
What we offer:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse team of scientists, engineers, software developers, data scientists and business professionals - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. Last year, AbCellera was named to Fierce Biotech’s Fierce 15 list, and received three Fast Company awards, including the Most Innovative Team of the Year for 2020 and Best Workplace for Innovators.
We’re a growing company with a high-throughput tech stack and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture, and organize our efforts along the way.
AbCellera is a technology company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. AbCellera partners with drug developers of all sizes, from large pharmaceutical to small biotechnology companies, empowering them to move quickly, reduce costs, and tackle the toughest problems in drug development.