AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with a stellar team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to identify antibodies that partners can develop into therapeutics to prevent and treat serious diseases. As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for a Director of Business Development who can help drive the expansion of our business development activities in Boston and on the US East Coast.
As the Director of Business Development (Boston), you will have a key role in increasing AbCellera’s reach among the VC, Biotech and Pharma ecosystem and be a catalyst for new partnerships in these regions. Based in Boston, you will be responsible for East Coast deal flow and management of the deal process from initiation through deal close. The position is highly collaborative in nature and will require that you work cross functionally, both externally and internally with AbCellera’s Business Development, R&D, Communications, Business Development Marketing, and other AbCellera teams to identify and close new deals.
We’d love to hear from you if you are a highly motivated team-player, you thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, you want to learn and grow with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Leading AbCellera business development activities for the US East Coast biotech and pharma community
- Identifying new partnerships in the Pharma, biotech, venture capital and academic ecosystem, including managing and expanding AbCellera’s deal flow on the east coast
- Managing the deal process for new partnerships, both internally and externally, from start to finish
- Preparing and presenting AbCellera’s vision and capabilities to generate interest from prospective partners
- Tailor term sheets, and help negotiate key terms to fit with AbCellera’s business model
- Collaborate with the scientific and business development teams to identify key areas of growth and innovation for the company
- Collaborate with the communications and marketing team to plan, generate and disseminate information, either internally or externally
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ years of experience and a proven record in business development (or similar function) within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- You have a strong scientific background, preferably a graduate degree in biology, biochemistry, immunology and/or are familiar with biologics. An MBA is desirable but not necessary.
- You have exceptional interpersonal skill and consider yourself resourceful, motivated, decisive
- You have experience and an established network with Pharma, biotech, venture capital and are familiar with biologics and technology platforms
- You are interested in the trends and cycles of biotech industry, innovation, and understand how technology can drive value for AbCellera’s business
- You appreciate the role of different business models in growing a business (collaborations, partnerships, licensing, equity investments.)
- You have experience identifying, transacting and closing deals in the biotech and pharma space
- You can engage both at executive and scientific levels on business opportunities
- You have outstanding presentation and communications skills
You can work remotely while also functioning in a highly collaborative team environment, and maintaining tight connections with AbCellera’s BD, Transactions, BD Marketing, communication and R&D teams
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Submit an application - we look forward to starting the conversation!
We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.