AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing technology company with a dynamic team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking an experienced specialist with a strong background in flow cytometry and cell sorting to join our flow cytometry core team. This role offers the exciting opportunity to support our therapeutic antibody discovery team, while working in one of Canada’s top biotech companies. We are a multidisciplinary team and believe that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can solve the biggest challenges in drug discovery. If you are a highly motivated and self-directed team-player who takes pride in helping others in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Coordinating the operation of our cytometry facilities, including daily and periodic maintenance of cytometers and sorters, troubleshooting, monitoring consumable stocks and coordinating service calls with external engineers and technicians
- Supporting our highly cross-functional team by providing technical flow cytometry expertise, hands-on training and practical support during sorting and analysis
- Maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures, identifying opportunities for process improvements, and keeping up-to-date with the latest innovations in flow cytometry technologies and strategies
- Contributing to our antibody discovery campaigns by helping with the hands-on implementation of enrichment strategies
- Performing quality control on common reagents
- Providing support in troubleshooting and data analysis
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and enjoy facilitating your teammates’ workflow
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- BSc or MSc in relevant field with at least 5 years work experience in flow cytometry
- Strong experience and specialization in multicolor flow cytometry and cell sorting
- Proven track record in coordinating lab operations
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong troubleshooting and decision-making skills in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21039 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.