AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic Technical Business Analyst to join our Data Governance team where they will work closely with a highly proficient team of lab scientists, data scientists, and software developers to define and design technical solutions that address the data management and governance needs across our organization.
The role will focus on minimizing risks and maximizing returns on investment for shared data and information assets across the organization through technical analysis and discovering data lifecycle and data transformation layers within various data pipelines and platforms. As the Technical Business Analyst, you will be responsible for holistic identification of opportunities to deploy new efficiencies and capabilities across the entire data architecture. Contributions by the successful candidate will help build automated data governance solutions that meet the needs of a rapidly growing and innovative company today and in the future. The successful candidate will be at ease with ambiguity and change, embracing the opportunities and challenges that a quickly evolving and dynamic work environment presents.
How you might spend your days:
- Discovering existing data structures and platforms created across the company and conduct lineage/reverse-engineering to understand the impacts of change to the existing data artifacts and assets
- Tracking, investigating, and analyzing the root cause of data issues, ensuring such issues and remediation plans are communicated to all relevant stakeholders
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating and documenting requirements, defining opportunities for improvement, developing and recommending technical solutions.
- Coordinating with stakeholders, project leaders, project managers, and other subject matter experts to shepherd solution proposals through to deployment.
- Providing inputs on the design and development of data models for data warehousing, reporting, and analytics projects, contributing to successful completion of project deliverables.
- Leading continuous technical reviews of data-specific business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Coordinating with the Data Governance Office to ensure recommendations align with all relevant data governance practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Effectively communicating insights, recommendations, and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Maintaining a close partnership with the IT organization and PMO, working closely to design solutions in a collaborative manner within the context of the technology blueprint and capabilities.
- Maintaining value stream maps, data flow diagrams, data lineages, system inventories and other records for data and business processes.
- Providing leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to junior team members.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative areas such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related fields
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Technical Business Analyst or related roles
- Hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries, including extensive experience querying large, complex datasets
- Technical expertise in data architecture principles and design aspects of various data and analytics solutions
- Hands-on experience writing REST API
- Experience in one or more programming languages, preferably Python
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
- Excellent documentation, organization, and communication skills
- Familiarity with native AWS technologies for data and analytics such as Redshift, Athena, S3, Lambda, Glue, EMR, Kinesis, SageMaker, etc. or equivalent relevant technologies (e.g. Snowflake)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Data Governance principles and practices.
- Familiarity with or previous experience in the biotechnology industry
- Experience working in a matrix organization
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21209 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.