We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated Procurement Specialist to join our Procurement team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues on the Procurement team, you will be primarily responsible for overseeing tactical aspects of the procurement function. This includes providing oversight to the operation buying processes, integrating procurement processes across the organization, and taking responsibility for more complex purchases and projects.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing the sourcing process, including manufacturing equipment and materials
- Managing the procure-to-pay process and providing support to buyers for day-to-day operational issues
- Integrating and liaising with internal teams to provide procurement advisory services (where needed) which includes requirements gathering and supplier/product/service selection.
- Developing, standardizing and documenting more complex internal purchasing processes including RFPs and capital asset purchases.
- Managing relevant aspects of the procurement platform, including master table maintenance, new user training, basic troubleshooting, functional enhancements, report creation/scheduling, spend analysis and assigned release testing.
- Managing supplier communications and relationship development
- Participating as a procurement representative in any projects involving large purchases, including contract negotiations
- Managing procurement records in compliance with team and corporate requirements
- Providing back-up assistance to the rest of the Procurement team in operational activities, as needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor or College degree in a business or science-related field
- You have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role
- You have experience working in biologics or similar regulated environment
- You are enrolled or completed a Procurement or Supply Chain program (SCMP, CSCP, SCM Diploma, etc.)
- You have experience working with an ERP system
- You are personable, friendly, and a team player
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have strong time management and organizational skills
- You are able to work independently and are willing to assist others when needed
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability and diligence in follow-through
- You have good attention to detail and take pride in documenting your work well
- You are familiar with the biotech industry or are curious to learn more
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20221 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.