AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems.
Our newly created Emerging Science and Technology group is seeking an experienced and exceptional individual to join and lead a team focused on immunological problems. This role will involve the design and performance of experiments, including evaluation of results as part of a team working at the intersection of immunology, antibodies, bispecifics and multispecifics. The position will also require a certain degree of initiative.
How you might spend your days:
- Design, plan and run experiments to assess the functional properties of antibodies, bispecifics and multi-specifics engaging immune cells
- Interface with R&D teams at AbCellera, including discovery, biochemistry, data science, translational and protein engineering groups to optimize and test new designs and formats
- Connect with translational science to optimize the profile of molecules to maximize drug-like properties
- Propose and test new and innovative approaches combining AbCellera’s technologies and expertise to engage immune cells with antibodies
- Prepare reports (documents, presentations) to present to internal and external stakeholders, including at scientific conferences
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong scientific background, including a PhD and 8+ years of experience in immunology, biology, biochemistry or related field
- Familiarity with biologics is ideal
- Prior experience in biotech/biopharma working with antibodies is ideal
- You have experience communicating scientific and/or technical concepts with an emphasis on scientific and applications
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- You can synthesize complex information and communicate effectively, using oral presentations and by generating the required materials
- You are familiar with scientific tools, systems, and software
Offers & benefits:
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- The opportunity to make a difference, working on problems that matter
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20222 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.