AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent research scientist to support library-based protein engineering workflows. We need a creative scientist who can rapidly iterate on library-based protein engineering methods, and distill complex therapeutic requirements into actionable experimental plans. This is an excellent opportunity to join a diverse and fast-paced biotechnology company at the forefront of drug discovery.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing, implementing and evaluating phage and/or yeast display experiments to tackle defined protein engineering problems
- Evaluating deep sequencing data from complex library screens
- Collaborating with teams across the company to generate and interpret data
- Training and mentoring more junior scientists
- Identifying and evaluating new technology to improve and invent new processes
- Contributing to better processes for data acquisition, analysis and interpretation
- Reporting findings to our teams and our collaborators
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You can contribute to designing and executing high throughput phage and/or yeast display experiments to evaluate complex synthetic libraries
- You are excited about contributing to a team that works on complex library design and large scale screening platforms to answer complicated biological questions
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, or other relevant fields or MSc with 5+ years in an academic or industry wet lab environment
- Demonstrated experience of phage and/or yeast display
- Demonstrated experience or in depth understanding of next-gen sequencing methods to interrogate complex synthetic libraries
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21240 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.