AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We’re looking for a Senior Events Manager to innovate and implement initiatives that foster team connections, amplify our culture, and create opportunities to share multidisciplinary knowledge AbCellera-wide. If you bring expertise in end-to-end planning of large and small scale events, mentoring teams, and are excited to build new programs and processes, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Collaborating with teams across the company to create experiences that positively impact our culture and build deep connections between AbCellerites
- Establishing win-win relationships with external vendors getting great value and building awesome experiences for our team
- Creating a network and tools to help AbCellerites ideate, design and execute on smaller team building events
- Maintaining connections between multiple internal teams to successfully juggle competing and changing priorities
- Mentoring those looking to gain experience in the planning and implementation of large and small scale events
- Improving and creating event processes that push the boundaries of what is thought possible
- Making use of various technologies and techniques to implement virtual events, at times across multiple time zones
- Strategically aligning and scheduling events within the context of other initiatives and company priorities
- Evaluating events, providing feedback, and continually adapting as AbCellera grows and evolves at a rapid pace
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Love to shape the big picture with a spirit of creativity
- Have a minimum of 8 years of event management
- Thrive in a team-based environment and have a can-do attitude
- You are diligent, organized, and have exquisite attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20232 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.