AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that our partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We’re looking for a Learning & Development Coordinator to join our People & Culture team and contribute to the implementation of growth and development initiatives and support planning and coordination of travel across the company. If you have a passion for creating and improving systems that allow for a seamless experience and are interested in further developing your planning and coordination skills alongside our People and Culture team, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Collaborating with AbCellerites and the People and Culture team to ensure a seamless delivery of in person and online learning events and resources
- Coordinating venues, vendors and internal resources for all learning events, right down to the smallest details and supplies
- Creating an awesome experience for presenters and attendees by maintaining an on-site presence, anticipating the needs of our team at the event, or supporting the event through our learning management system (LMS)
- Maintaining accurate records of learning event metrics (attendance, supply levels, etc) to ensure we maximize the value of each event
- Managing mechanisms to seek feedback and to continually improve on the learning event implementation processes and systems as we scale opportunities for our growing team and implement our LMS
- Communicating with participants regarding logistics for each event
- Planning travel logistics and coordination for interviews and other ad hoc events
- Coordinating logistics for AbCellerites attending conferences and other external learning events (registration, travel logistics etc) to ensure a smooth experience
- Creating systems for event implementation workflows
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Love to dive into event execution
- Seek to understand the big picture and thrive in focusing on the smallest of details
- Are interested in developing skills in A/V systems and using Excel for organization
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years of related work or volunteer experience
- Lead with reliability and approachability - you’re the planner amongst your friends
- Show initiative, thrive in a team-based environment, and have a can-do attitude
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20231 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.