AbCellera is an energetic and rapidly growing public company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that can be developed into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a Production Engineer to help us design and fabricate devices as well as improve the manufacturing process that are used for various internal R&D projects, which contribute to the development of our cutting edge antibody discovery platform. The successful candidate should have impeccable attention to detail, an unwavering work ethic, and an eye for optimizing existing processes/workflows. This is a full-time position.
How you might spend your days:
- Working in a cleanroom setting, fabricating microfluidic devices using soft lithography microfabrication methods with other members of our microfabrication team
- Designing jigs and fixtures in SolidWorks to further automate the process.
- Optimizing the device fabrication workflow for efficiency gains
- Performing quality control on fabricated devices
- Maintaining inventories for equipment and consumables
- Assisting the High Throughput Robotics team with software, mechanical, lab automation or other projects depending on interest and aptitude
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic engineering with 2 years of experience in a production environment
- Proficient with SolidWorks and design for manufacturing
- A desire to work with your hands to produce tangible products with pride in your craftsmanship
- A self-starter and fast learner who enjoys working under little direction
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Accountability, reliability, and punctuality, with an unwavering work ethic
- Experience / background in manufacturing process development (an asset but not required)
- Previous microfabrication experience in a cleanroom setting (preferred but not required)
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20236 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.