AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and detail-oriented Manager, Creative Operations to join our Marketing and Communications team. You have a unique blend of both hands-on experience as a visual content creator and a proven track record in project and team management. You’re a born optimizer who enjoys building and maintaining infrastructure that facilitate the delivery of high quality creative products.
The successful candidate will be at ease with ambiguity and change, embracing the opportunities and challenges that a quickly evolving and dynamic work environment presents.
How you might spend your days:
- Optimizing operations and efficiency of the creative team by managing production requests, workflows, resources, tools, communication.
- Scheduling and reporting on production priorities and pipeline on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Performing regular check-ins and contributing to performance reviews and goal-setting of internal creative professionals.
- Collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders on timing, delivery, scope and budgets. Establishing self as trusted partner to internal teams.
- Initiating project kick-off and closeout process to capture ideas and learnings. Leading projects by attending status and progress meetings and course-correct as necessary.
- Leading process and tool improvements to optimize virtual and in-person team collaboration.
- Monitoring trends in visual design and best practices in work and digital asset management.
- Managing onboarding and recruitment of designers, vendor relationships, and software licensing requirements.
- Nurturing learning and career development of designers.
- Developing strategies and implementing processes to ensure access and adherence to visual brand standards across the company, in partnership with content creators.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have multidisciplinary post-secondary education in visual arts or design, marketing, communications, and/or project management.
- You have a minimum of 8 years of progressive full-time agency and/or in-house creative services experience in a coordination and managerial capacity.
- You have directly developed, implemented, and operationalized visual brand standards and digital asset management (DAM) systems.
- You have a deep understanding of the creative content creation and digital marketing process.
- You have intermediate to advanced skills in Illustrator, Acrobat, Photoshop, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Google Suite.
- You understand how to manage color profiles and file formats and how they implicate downstream workflows in printing, web publishing, and video rendering.
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous but have the ability to appreciate the big picture.
- You have impeccable spoken, written, and proofreading skills in English.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20237 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.