AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with a stellar team that searches, decodes and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs that prevent and treat disease.
As part of an exciting and dynamic company with a core focus on alliances across the biopharma landscape, the Director of Alliance Management role will be a high impact and high visibility role. As a key leader within our newly created Alliance Management function, you will maximize the value of a AbCellera’s alliances by providing leadership and active management of a portfolio of alliance programs.
This role is highly collaborative in nature and will require that you work cross functionally with our external alliance partners and AbCellera’s internal teams. You will be accountable for overall alliance performance, serving to coordinate and communicate the partner’s needs while ensuring the execution of alliance milestones in alignment with AbCellera strategy. This position reports to the Vice President of Alliance Management.
We’d love to hear from you if you enjoy a highly collaborative, high-science and fun-loving environment that aligns partners with internal R&D teams to make transformative medicines.
How you might spend your days
- Leading alliance-related activities to maximize the value and minimize the risk related to AbCellera alliance programs
- Serving as the primary point of contact to partner
- Leading the governance of the alliance to set the tone and establish a collaborative and transparent foundation for how we work together. Driving alliance governance activities including the establishment and execution of alliance goals and metrics.
- Collaborating with external and internal stakeholders to establish a positive working relationship, managing key issues, ensuring effective governance, and driving the successful execution of alliance programs.
- Providing oversight of contractual obligations and outcomes for AbCellera and partners to ensure that responsibilities are met. Establishing a detailed understanding of contractual elements including the need for potential renegotiations and revisions to partner agreements.
- Establishing and maintaining key relationships and influence, both internally and externally, in achieving alliance objectives.
- Aligning with Project Management and R&D teams to ensure the development and execution of partner program plans and timelines.
- Driving external alliance meetings, including working with Project Management to develop the agendas, aligning the internal teams, and provision of minutes and distribution of materials
- Identifying new business opportunities within existing partners
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have an advanced degree in the life sciences with a strong grasp of biopharmaceutical research and development language and concepts
- You have at least 6-8 years of experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry, preferably in alliance management, business development, R&D, project management, or program management
- You have at least 3 years of alliance management, business development or similar experience in partner facing roles
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills, are highly collaborative and are a skilled relationship manager
- You know how to navigate your way around a contract and have the creativity, adaptability and win-win mindset for problem solving and artful negotiations
- You take pride in building strong and productive relationships and creating value through collaboration
- You have a strong ability to influence and negotiate while adjusting style and approach based on the specific scenario in order to achieve key outcomes
- You have proven success in alliance management or similar role working directly with partners
- You have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- You have experience and comfort with an agile, fast-paced, highly matrixed organization
- You have strong knowledge and understanding of drug discovery and development
- Experience in biologics discovery preferred
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.