AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent Research Scientist to expand our use of library-based protein engineering techniques. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in the design, generation and analysis of recombinant antigens. We need a creative scientist who can rapidly evaluate new technologies, understand technical challenges, and efficiently communicate complex topics. This is an excellent opportunity to join a diverse and fast-paced biotechnology company at the forefront of drug discovery.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing, implementing, and evaluating techniques to address defined challenges in antigen engineering
- Collaborating with teams across the company to understand antigen engineering challenges and propose solutions
- Training and mentoring more junior scientists
- Preparing and authoring materials to educate colleagues, and communicate strategies, key findings and implications
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You can contribute to the design, execution, and evaluation of antigen-based engineering experiments
- You are excited about the opportunity to integrate high throughput protein engineering methods with in silico tools to solve real-world drug discovery problems
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Protein Biochemistry, or related field; additional industry experience preferred
- Expertise with a broad array of techniques for the molecular design, engineering, and evaluation of recombinant antigens
- A comprehensive understanding of instrumentation and techniques to interrogate protein affinity, kinetics, and developability
- Demonstrated experience, or in depth understanding of, next-gen sequencing and library-based methods for protein engineering
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public presentation of complex data
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20251 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.