AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems.
We are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious Research Technician with a passion for biochemistry to join our dynamic Biochemistry group. This individual will participate in the design, expression and purification of protein antigens for downstream applications, as well as supporting the development of new technologies and biophysical analysis within the group. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top biotech companies, while growing with a team that believes in collaboration, innovation, and mutual support.
How you might spend your days:
- Planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Maintaining cell culture and optimizing the expression of proteins
- Purifying membrane and soluble proteins using a variety of biochemistry techniques
- Performing QC of proteins using biophysical techniques
- Maintaining laboratory spaces and equipment
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Supporting your teammates to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious and want to explore new technologies, opportunities and cutting edge projects in protein biochemistry
- You value communication, and understand the role it plays in fostering a positive workplace environment
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BSc with 1-2 years of work experience in a laboratory environment preferred, or MSc in relevant field (may include, but not limited to Biochemistry, Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Health Sciences)
- A strong knowledge of protein expression methods (e.g., plasmid transfection and baculovirus)
- Experience with protein chromatography techniques including IMAC, SEC, ion exchange, desalting and buffer exchange
- Some knowledge of analytical methods including gel electrophoresis, western blot, light scattering and binding affinity (e.g., SPR, ITC, BLI)
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20249 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview