AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. Today, we’re able to discover antibodies and deliver them to our partners. But we’re not stopping there. We’re expanding our capabilities to help our partners get farther in drug development faster.
We are seeking an experienced and exceptional individual for the role of Senior Research Scientist – Pharmacokinetics. This scientist will help to build out our pharm-tox capabilities so we can help our partners move faster and with less risk to the clinic. Through close collaboration across the company the scientist will help identify the best antibodies for the job. The successful scientist will be responsible for pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) modeling and human dose projections in close collaboration with our partners and external vendors. We need someone who has a passion for understanding how models can predict therapeutic responses to human disease.
How you might spend your days:
- Predicting and verifying appropriate dosing regimens to demonstrate antibody PK/PD relationships in animal models across a range of drug targets and disease areas
- Developing bioanalytical strategies and establishing bioanalytical methods for protein therapeutics
- Running pharmacokinetics studies to support antibody lead candidate downselection
- Designing and executing nonclinical PK data packages and human dose projections
- Collaborating with teams across the company to generate data and interpret them
- Training and mentoring more junior scientists
- Evaluating new technology and testing new models to better predict human illness
- Reporting findings to our teams and partners to support data-driven decision making
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and face paced environment
- You are good at communicating scientific and/or technical concepts with an emphasis on application
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with constructing and implementing solutions
- You enjoy the teamwork that comes with working on complicated biological questions and building data sets that help to predict the success of therapies
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Biology, Pharmacology or related discipline with 8+ years experience including 5+ years industry experience
- Proven track record of building and interpreting bioanalytical datasets for antibodies
- Expert in designing PK studies and conducting PK/PD data analysis, using WinNonlin or other similar software
- Experienced in authoring/reviewing study protocols and reports
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience authoring sections of regulatory submissions
- Well-versed in scientific and regulatory standards for bioanalysis of biologics
Offers & benefits:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 20260 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.