AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that can be developed into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking an organized and driven individual to join our team of talented Executive Assistants. Supporting a high energy, fast paced Marketing & Communications team in this role you will be the point of contact for internal & external requests, responsible for organizing travel itineraries, coordinating meetings & agendas, managing correspondence and being a source of organization & coordination for the Executive and team as required. This role frequently handles highly confidential and specialized information, including sensitive, strategic, and organizational issues. This role is also a key part of a team of Executive Assistants, contributing to building a strong team of high performing support of shared best practices and knowledge.
How you might spend your days:
- Organizing and managing calendars and meetings
- Building in-depth knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures
- Handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature diplomatically and making high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company
- Collecting and preparing information for use in discussions/meetings of executive staff, team and external partners
- Preparing presentation materials for board of director meetings and other key business deliverables
- Acting as the point of contact among executives, board directors, employees, and other external partners
- Arranging travel and accommodation and processing expense reports
- Providing department team support, as needed
- Preparing and formatting information for internal and external communication: emails, presentations, reports, etc.
- Taking minutes and following up on action items during meetings when needed
- Screening and directing phone calls and emails and distributing correspondence
- Working alongside your colleagues of Executive and Administrative Assistants on team-related projects and initiatives
- Providing additional back-up support to our administrative team, as needed
We’d love to hear from you if:
- 3-5 years of administrative experience, including supporting executives
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- A desire to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- A self starter who enjoys working under little direction
- Excellent business acumen and ability to exercise initiative, tact, sound judgment and prioritization.
- Advanced-level Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Experience working with a publicly traded company an asset
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients.
This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it. We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220032 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.