AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with a stellar team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to identify antibodies that partners can develop into therapeutics to prevent and treat serious diseases. As part of a rapidly expanding business, we’re looking for an experienced individual who can help identify, manage and execute new deals for Abcellera. The Director of Business Development and Transactions will have a key role in increasing AbCellera’s reach among the biotech and pharma ecosystem and be a catalyst for new partnerships. The role is highly collaborative in nature and will require that you work cross functionally, both externally and internally with AbCellera’s Partnering, R&D, Communications, Finance, Legal and other AbCellera teams to identify and close new deals.
Ideal candidate will have outstanding interpersonal skills, will be resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive and will have a proven track record in business development and transactions. We’d love to hear from you if you are a highly motivated team-player, you thrive in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, you want to learn and grow with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Serve as one of AbCellera’s business development representatives for the biotech and pharmaceutical community
- Identify new partnerships in the pharmaceutical, biotech, venture capital and academic ecosystem
- Manage and expand AbCellera’s deal flow
- Manage the deal process for new partnerships, both internally and externally, from start to finish
- Prepare and present AbCellera’s vision and capabilities to generate interest from prospective partners
- Lead negotiations of term sheets and contracts in collaboration with BD and Legal through to execution of deals that fit with AbCellera’s business model and strategy
- Collaborate with the scientific and business development teams to identify key areas of growth and innovation for the company
- Collaborate with the Communications Team and BD Strategic Marketing to plan, generate and disseminate information, either internally or externally
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have 8+ years of experience and a proven record in business development (or similar function) within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry
- You have a strong scientific background, preferably a graduate degree in biology, biochemistry, immunology and/or are familiar with biologics. An MBA is desirable but not necessary.
- You have experience with Pharma, biotech, venture capital and are familiar with biologics and technology platforms
- You are interested in the trends and cycles of biotech industry, innovation, and understand how technology can drive value for AbCellera’s business
- You have experience identifying and closing deals in the biotech and pharma space
- You have strong negotiation and transactions skills as evidenced by executed deals
- You can engage both at executive and scientific levels on business opportunities
- You have outstanding presentation and communications skills
- You can work remotely while also functioning in a highly collaborative team environment, and maintaining tight connections with AbCellera’s BD, Transactions, BD Marketing, communication and R&D teams
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.