AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking an enthusiastic visionary to join our Communications team as Associate Art Director. You have a highly refined aesthetic, technical mastery, and a proven ability to inspire and to enable stakeholders and collaborators in actualizing artistic visions. You obsessively consume and are fluent in diverse art forms and mediums: illustration, photography, film and animation, interactive and immersive experiences including (web and physical). You’re intuitive and fluid in making artistic calls across projects of variable degree effort, stakes, and priorities. You’re at ease with ambiguity and change, and can navigate and align dynamic perspectives with maturity and tact.
How you might spend your days:
- Defining the visual landscape of AbCellera’s brand identity by scaling its foundation into a full-bodied graphical language and architecture with a repertoire of signature motifs, bespoke iconography, and differentiated artistic and photographic treatments.
- Participating actively in the artistic conception and execution of all designed materials: pitch presentations, videos, campaign emails and landing pages, social media posts and ads, and internal materials related to talent development and engagement.
- Mentoring a team of designers, leading them through resolving complex design challenges and considering emerging design trends and technical best practices. Performing regular check-ins and contributing to their performance reviews and goal-setting.
- Identifying opportunities to differentiate the visual brand in the market, conducting pitching and visioning sessions with executives and scientists across multiple disciplines: business admin, business development, research & development, people & culture.
- Providing expert opinion and guidance to project managers on optimizing creative workflows, tools, and technologies.
- Providing artistic direction to external collaborators such as photo/videographers, interior designers, architects, printers, and fabricators in the design of environmental elements (signage, way-finders, and physical art pieces for our expanding facilities) .
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a university degree or college diploma in graphic or media design with a minimum of 4 years of full-time art direction plus 10 years of agency and/or in-house graphic design experience.
- You have a portfolio that proves mastery in original brand identity development. Case study submissions of 2-3 brand creations / evolutions will be requested as part of the interviewing process.
- Your portfolio showcases full-suite brand designs encompassing original logo design, brand book / graphical usage guidelines for internal and external consumption, branded templates for print and digital applications (ads, stationery, promotional merchandise).
- Your portfolio demonstrates extensive commercially applied digital content such as responsive webpages, email newsletters, and branded assets for social media campaigns spanning multiple marketing channels under a unified brand.
- Your portfolio includes hand-sketched mock-ups that demonstrate your process in ideation and concepting.
- You are an expert in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and can embrace a PowerPoint-centric presentation design workflow. You have a working knowledge of Acrobat, Excel, Word, and Google Suite. A basic knowledge of HTML and CSS is strongly desired but not required.
- You understand how to manage color profiles and file formats and how they implicate downstream workflows in printing, web publishing, and video rendering.
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous: you often identify gaps that most may miss.
- You have impeccable spoken, written, and proofreading skills in English.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220031 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.