AbCellera is a vibrant, rapidly growing antibody discovery company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. We are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious candidate with a passion for cell biology to join our dynamic Discovery team. This role offers the exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s top tech companies, while growing with a team that believes in collaboration, innovation, and mutual support.
How you might spend your days:
- Working across teams to support the design and implementation of high- to medium-throughput functional assay workflows
- Developing expertise in the applications of our state-of-the-art imaging, automation and plate reader-based instruments
- Helping design and implement equipment and assay training programs
- Actively contributing to project execution including assay development, validation, data analysis and reporting
- Routine handling of mammalian cell cultures including stable cell line maintenance, transient transfections, freezing and thawing cells
- Organizing, ordering and managing common inventory and reagents
- Performing reagent quality control
- Performing equipment maintenance
- Supporting and collaborating with members from various teams to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner and demonstrate initiative
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BSc with work experience in a laboratory environment preferred, or MSc in relevant field (may include but not limited to Cell Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences)
- Strong background in cell and tissue culture using sterile techniques
- Familiarity with functional assays and readouts such as flow cytometry, plate reader-based (ELISA, HTRF, fluorescent and luminescent) assays and imaging
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- (Optional, but desired) Experience with automation and imaging platforms (high content imager and live cell imager instruments)
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220058 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.