AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems.
Our team is seeking an experienced and exceptional scientist to join us as we address key questions and solutions for in vivo antibody discovery platform development. Our ideal candidate will have experience using cutting edge Molecular Biology methods for allowing complex vector assembly as well as a strong background in analyzing biological samples.
How you might spend your days:
- Using the latest and best cloning methodologies to assemble complex vectors
- Performing sequencing to validate vectors as well as engineered genomic loci
- Setting up and implementing genotyping assays
- Performing expression analysis on a variety of biological samples
- Working with Bioinformatic tools
- Collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Analyzing and presenting scientific data
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have an MSc in a relevant scientific discipline such as, but not limited to, Molecular Biology and 1+ years of industry experience. Or a PhD with a strong focus on Molecular Biology
- You are a passionate Molecular Biologist skilled in all the general Molecular Biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, and sequencing
- You have demonstrated experience in the art of cloning to build vectors
- You are experienced with some or all of the following: Gibson assembly, Recombineering, In fusion, Golden Gate cloning etc
- You have excellent data management skills
- You have some knowledge and experience with CRISPR
- You are experienced with one or more DNA analysis software packages e.g. Ingeneious
- You have some experience of mammalian tissue culture
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- You are a self-starter
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits.
- Opportunities for personal and professional development.
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 22020 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.