AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Facilities Coordinator to join our Facilities team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Coordinating the daily operations of our facilities, including ensuring access and communication to teams that may be impacted by contractor activities
- Managing relationships and liaising with external contractors
- Coordinating Work Order completion
- Assisting with managing Site Security requirements (Access Fobs, CCTV, Alarm Monitoring)
- Working with external contractors in support of the Facilities Department (projects, repair and maintenance)
- Maintaining records and contracts
- Supporting on a variety of project activities
- Maintaining and updating administrative policies and processes.
- Monitoring and coordinating facilities systems that support all construction/renovation projects
- Locating and purchasing inventory spare parts, supplies, and materials for Facility operations
- Coordinating and tracking service contracts that support the smooth operation of facilities
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar role
- You have experience working within a dynamic environment
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams to assess needs and respond to support the organization
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You think critically and show great judgment in your decision-making process
- You have strong time management and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are personable, friendly, and a team player
- You are able to work independently and are willing to assist others when needed
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability and diligence in follow-through
- You are prepared to rally the team and look for solutions when confronted with challenges
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - reimagining how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220061 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.