AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing technology company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. With nearly 400 AbCellerites and growing, we’re expanding our capabilities to include internal CMC development and GMP manufacturing of antibodies to bring therapies from idea to patients, faster.
We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Scientist to join the Impurities Assay team within CMC Analytical Development at AbCellera. In this capacity, the Associate Scientist will be responsible for assisting in establishing platform impurities assays supporting both Quality Control and Process Development.
The successful candidate will help to establish robust assays and collaborate with QC to support lot release. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate with a solid foundation in immunoassay development and qualification, in addition to familiarity or experience with qPCR.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing and executing the development and qualification of assays supporting the identification and quantitation of process-related impurities (Ex. host cell proteins, host cell DNA, residual protein A, insulin, etc)
- Collaborating with the research organization to align on technology and methodology between labs
- Performing process-related impurity testing with minimal supervision
- Working with the QC organization for technology transfer of assays and associated reagents
- Supporting internal recipients of impurities assays through training/troubleshooting
- Independently compile, analyze and interpret data
- Managing and executing analytical requests from process development; returning accurate and robust impurities results in a timely manner
- Authoring technical reports related to assay qualification and characterization activities
- Presenting experimental findings within the department, across the CMC organization, and to the broader scientific organization
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A BSc degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, or other life science with 5+ years of experience or an MSc degree with 2-4 years experience
- Technical proficiency in plate-based assay (Ex. ELISA) development, qualification, and troubleshooting
- Experience with molecular biology techniques including, but not limited to, 1D-/2D-Gel Electrophoresis, Western blotting, qPCR, etc
- Strong data and time organization/management skills
- Proficiency working with data acquisition platforms related to immunoassays (Ex. Softmax Pro)
- Familiarity with electronic lab notebooks (Ex. Benchling), experimental data capture, and the associated 21 CFR part 11 compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to learn, understand, and master new experimental techniques
- Experience with CMC analytical development of monoclonal antibodies or related biotherapeutic proteins
- Knowledge of regulatory filings such as INDs, BLAs, IMPDs, etc would be advantageous
- Proven yourself to be a problem-solver and team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements as it pertains to CMC activities for monoclonal antibodies (FDA, EMA, ICH, etc)
What we offer:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220053 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.