AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a motivated, meticulous, and conscientious candidate to join our Laboratory Operations team, working in the growing Flow Cytometry Core. The core offers high quality Cell Sorting and Flow Cytometry analysis services to all groups at AbCellera and its function is essential to key workflows. This position will give the opportunity to learn key scientific techniques as well as interact with and learn from various.
How you might spend your days:
- Setting up and maintaining the flow cytometers and sorters in our facility
- Performing compensation and cell sorting on a variety of primary tissue isolates and cell lines
- Supporting flow cytometry-related assays for various groups
- Organizing and ordering reagents in common lab fridges, freezers, and maintaining consumables inventory
- Performing routine maintenance of common lab equipment
- Supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development opportunities
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Minimum BSc with 2-3 years related work experience in a wet lab environment, or MSc in relevant field
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry and cell sorting is desired
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner, demonstrate initiative, and are keen to learn new skills
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team-player, and creative problem solver
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220065 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.