AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems.
Our Translational Research organization is seeking an industry-experienced and exceptional Principal Scientist to help build a team pursuing immunological targets in oncology, with a particular focus on T cells. The successful candidate will contribute to shaping the scientific direction of projects involving immune-based targets that leverage our T cell engager bispecific platform.
How you might spend your days:
- Direct the scientific and strategic planning to assess the functional properties of antibodies, bispecifics and multi-specifics that engage T cells
- Participate in the design of discovery campaigns to generate antibodies with desired properties
- Interface with all of AbCellera’s R&D teams including discovery, protein science, data science, and protein engineering groups to optimize the profile of therapeutic antibodies
- Propose and test new and innovative approaches combining AbCellera’s technologies and expertise to engage immune cells with antibodies
- Use your scientific expertise to communicate to internal and external partners, and share findings at scientific conferences
- Shape the strategy to most efficiently use our T cell engager platform to rapidly select combinations of lead candidates
- Generate data that helps our partners select and advance the ideal therapeutic candidate
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong scientific background, including a PhD and 10+ years of industry experience in immunology or related field
- You have expertise in antibody therapeutics
- You have expertise in T cell biology with a focus on therapies that target T cells
- You have experience communicating scientific and/or technical concepts with an emphasis on scientific applications
- You are genuinely curious, with an interest in discussing innovative ideas in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- You can synthesize complex information and communicate presentations effectively
- You have experience in leading a program to select a final therapeutic candidate; this helps our partners move their ideas more quickly into the clinic
- You are familiar with scientific tools, systems, and software
Offers & benefits:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. This position would be based out of our office in the heart of Montreal, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this vibrant city!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220040 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.