AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems.
Our organization is seeking an industry-experienced and exceptional Principal Investigator to provide scientific leadership of programs in oncology. The successful candidate will be responsible for shepherding programs from inception to lead selection. The candidate will also select the data and author regulatory documents to support submission for regulatory review.
How you might spend your days:
- Following program progression of various targets from beginning to end while closely collaborating with groups across the organization
- Directing the strategy for data generation and using these data to support lead therapeutic selection for specific programs
- Becoming a world expert on specific targets in oncology by researching the literature, establishing connections with key opinion leaders, attending scientific conferences and generating data
- Designing and interpreting complex biological experiments to execute the strategy
- Training and mentoring scientists
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You know how to lead program progression, from target inception to final lead candidate and can coordinate the activities of all of the contributing teams
- You are flexible and scientifically nimble and want to become an expert in the biology of the targets for which you are responsible
- You are driven to help build and execute on drug development plans
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Oncology or Immunology or related field and 10+ years of experience
- Experience leading antibody or protein-based oncology therapeutic programs through drug development and with selecting a final lead candidate
- Experience writing and coordinating formal reports to support regulatory documents
- Exposure to regulatory agency submissions and understanding of the components of regulatory documents
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, including public presentation of complex data
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, organize and innovate on our efforts along the way.