AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with a stellar team that searches, decodes and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs that prevent and treat disease.
As part of an exciting and dynamic company with a core focus on forward integration of teams and technologies at scale to accelerate antibody drug development, AbCellera is seeking to add to its capabilities in market intelligence with an Market Intelligence Associate, Oncology. Reporting to a Senior Manager on the Corporate Development team, you will play a key role in building a trusted and influential market analytics function at AbCellera by supporting platform investment decisions, contributing to target selection, and informing portfolio prioritization.
This role is highly analytical in nature and will require you to simplify and distill data into testable hypotheses. You will own the development and delivery of various analyses, including market sizing, unmet needs assessment, landscape analyses, and competitor monitoring. You will need to evolve as the company evolves, with responsibilities that become more quantitative over time. You will need to be able to dive deep into the data but also be able to synthesize and summarize your conclusions for key decision makers, influencing our strategy through high-quality analysis and clear presentations.
We’d love to hear from you if you enjoy a highly collaborative, high-science and fun-loving environment and are excited about using data to derive insights and drive strategic decisions.
How you might spend your days:
- Devising and executing targeted research plans to uncover insights that impact AbCellera’s strategic business decisions and strategies
- Assessing therapeutic markets and indications for opportunities where AbCellera’s technology can develop a therapeutic with a meaningful difference for patients
- Proactively monitoring the rapidly evolving competitive landscape in oncology through secondary research in the literature, company disclosures, and industry databases to understand and project competitor strategies
- Attending conferences to analyze preclinical data, clinical data and talk to experts
- Delivering effective summaries of findings and recommendations to present an objective view to cross-functional teams in R&D, executive, business development
- Analyzing unmet need and assessing market size to drive rational investment decisions
- Identifying and providing due diligence support for external strategic opportunities
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are comfortable jumping in and engaging with people at all levels and teams in the organization
- You have competitive intelligence, strategy and/or pharmaceutical forecasting experience
- You have experience in a wide range of oncology therapeutic areas
- You are an advanced user of intelligence databases (e.g., Informa, IQVIA, GlobalData, Cortellis, etc.) and public data (e.g., FDA, clinicaltrials.gov)
- You have analytics skills in Excel or Python
- You have a Masters or PhD in a relevant field
Required qualifications and experience:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience within the consulting, investing, biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelors in life sciences or pharmacy, or related area
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, organize and innovate on our efforts along the way.