We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a Laboratory Operations Assistant for our state-of-the-art, custom lab in the heart of Vancouver. Someone responsible, organized and adept at juggling multiple competing priorities, someone we trust. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Laboratory Operations Assistant to join our growing Laboratory Management team. A keen eye with an attention to detail is needed to ensure our lab teams are well supported and have everything they need for their day-to-day operations. You will be working together with our dynamic team on maintaining inventories, supporting the lab teams with various lab services and keeping our labs in the best working condition.
How you might spend your days:
- Maintaining the lab space and restocking supplies
- Supporting our laboratory teams with washing and autoclaving glassware
- Maintaining inventories for equipment, consumables and reagents
- Requesting lab specific consumables through our procurement software
- Following up with lab users to identify future inventory needs
- Performing routine internal maintenance of lab equipment
- Maintaining SOPs; documenting and evaluating best practices
- Coordinating activities with the rest of the lab management team and other labs
- Maintaining a safe and productive work environment and lab facility, compliant with regulatory requirements
- Supporting the team whenever an extra pair of hands is needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Minimum B.Sc., certificate or diploma in a relevant field
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220087 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.