Software Developer - Engineering
Job ID 5001
We are seeking software developers to help us develop and refine the software systems that automate our core microfluidic cell-screening platform. These systems include real-time image analysis, data management, hardware control, and user interfaces that enable our lab teams to effectively interact with all of the above.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Minimum B.Sc. in computer engineering, computer science, or related field
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Experience developing object-oriented data analysis architectures optimized for speed in C++
- Proficiency with version control
- Good software design practices (delivery of clean, reusable, documented & tested code that follows best practices and makes use of established design patterns and architectures)
- Excellent communication skills both with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Optional but desired: Familiarity with the Qt C++ framework
- Optional but desired: Experience with QML/Qt Quick framework for UI design. Experience with mobile app development will transfer well
- Optional but desired: Experience developing image analysis algorithms using the OpenCV library and/or machine learning
- Optional but desired: Experience with continuous integration tools
How you might spend your days:
- Developing a system that uses multithreading architectures to analyze hundreds of microscopy images per second
- Developing systems that integrate the control of multiple hardware components with the results of various analyses
- Developing interfaces that allow non-technical users to interact with and control systems described above
- Translating needs and wants of (non-technical) users of the software into written specs
- Possibly aiding in the design and fabrication of micro-scale hardware components
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – software and instrument/hardware designs combined with machine learning approaches that revolutionize how scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research, and you could be a part of it.
We’re the first in our field to be providing tools like these, which means you’ll be solving new problems every day, helping us develop unique software products that make us leaders in the biotech industry. And, most importantly, your work will contribute to bringing better therapies to patients.
You’ll be a part of our diverse and multi-disciplinary team of engineers, with expertise in software engineering, instrument/hardware design, microfabrication, biomedical engineering, and machine learning. At AbCellera, we work hard and play harder at lots of other things like hiking, ballroom dancing, and dungeons and dragons.
You’ll also work with the scientists who use the products to identify new product opportunities, from detailed usability tweaks through to new feature development and even visionary new software products. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. We know we need a world-class suite of instruments and products to do that, and we’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Please send us your application through our website (www.abcellera.com/careers) and refer to Job ID 5001 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.