Job ID 2003
We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a lab manager for our three main lab spaces. Someone responsible, with demonstrated experience in managing cell culture and molecular biology labs, adept at juggling multiple competing priorities, someone we trust. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and who still finds the time to mentor and encourage your teammates, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our highly motivated team on partnered projects related to the identification of high-quality antibodies
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of two dynamic lab-based teams
- Ordering, installing and maintaining lab equipment
- Ordering and receiving common lab consumables; maintaining inventory; coordinating shipping and receiving of biological specimens
- Overseeing the production and maintenance of reagent stocks and their proper storage
- Drafting and maintaining SOPs; documenting and evaluating best practices
- Working with operations and health and safety to maintain a safe and thriving work environment and lab facility, compliant with regulatory requirements
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum B.Sc. in a relevant field, with at least 2 years’ experience in laboratory management
- Experience with sterile techniques and tissue culture
- Experience with molecular biology techniques
- Willingness to take on large responsibilities and delegate tasks to lab personnel with supervision when necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong leadership and training/mentorship skills
- Optional but desired: Experience with research ethics protocols, and/or health and safety
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- Full-time, permanent position
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 2003 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.