C++ Software Engineer
Job ID 5002
We are seeking skilled, highly motivated software developers to help us develop and refine the software systems that power our experimental process. In this position, you will join a team of developers building a system that efficiently extracts and analyzes data from millions of microscope images in real-time, and presents results to our lab scientists through intuitive and effective UIs. Don’t have a biology background? Not a problem - you don’t need one to excel here.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- B.Sc. in computer engineering, computer science, or related field
- Experience with concurrent programming
- Experience developing object-oriented data analysis architectures optimized for speed in C++
- Proficiency with version control
- Good software design practices (delivery of clean, reusable, documented & tested code that follows best practices and makes use of established design patterns and architectures)
- Excellent communication skills both with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Optional but desired: Familiarity with the Qt C++ framework
- Optional but desired: Experience with QML/Qt Quick framework for UI design. Experience with mobile app development will transfer well
- Optional but desired: Experience developing image analysis algorithms using the OpenCV library and/or machine learning
- Optional but desired: Experience with continuous integration tools
How you might spend your days:
- Designing and implementing multithreaded architectures to rapidly process large amounts of data
- Developing UIs that visualize results and allow non-technical users to intuitively interact with the data
- Integrating our current software with a postgreSQL database
- Collaborating with other developers to perform code reviews, contribute to architecture design, and generally ensure our development and architectural approach conforms to accepted best practices
- Communicating directly with end users to define requirements
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – software and instrument/hardware designs combined with machine learning approaches that revolutionize how scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re the first in our field to be providing tools like these, which means you’ll be solving new problems every day, helping us develop unique software products that make us leaders in the biotech industry. And, most importantly, your work will contribute to bringing better therapies to patients.
You’ll be a part of our diverse and multi-disciplinary team of engineers, with expertise in software engineering, instrument/hardware design, microfabrication, biomedical engineering, and machine learning. At AbCellera, we work hard and play harder at lots of other things like hiking, ballroom dancing, and dungeons and dragons.
You will also have the opportunity to interact with scientists from the cell culture and molecular biology teams, creating software to support their industry-leading research. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in our field. We have a world-class suite of instruments and now we need top-notch accompanying software to achieve our goals, and we’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Please send us your application through our website (www.abcellera.com/careers) and refer to Job ID 5002 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.