Job ID 4007
We are a young, collaborative, and driven company with innovation at our core. As we grow and continue to take on the most challenging scientific problems, we are looking for a data manager to put in place a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) for our scientists.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can build and grow with us - an expert multitasker who loves finding order in large datasets from complex experimental pipelines. If you’re self-motivated, creative, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment we would love to hear from you.
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum B.Sc. in a relevant field with a strong biology background
- Experience or interest in scripting and Bioinformatics
- Experience managing large volumes of complex laboratory data
- Friendly and personable with excellent communication skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
How you might spend your days:
- Developing, executing and maintaining data management plans
- Supporting individual scientists’ and team-wide data management needs
- Assessing the functional data management requirements of AbCellera’s scientists, evaluating existing LIMS tools and determining which tools will best satisfy the aforementioned requirements
- Interfacing with representatives for commercial LIMS products to optimize internal implementation
- Training scientists on LIMS tool features and updates
- Interfacing with the Bioinformatics team to integrate novel lab-wide data management systems with existing in-house data management systems
- Monitoring and addressing the ever-changing LIMS requirements of AbCellera’s scientists as (a) we implement new equipment with associated data types and files, (b) the volume of data we generate and analyze increases, (c) associations of data across equipment and experiments become more complex, (d) the questions we ask of the data become more complex
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- Full-time, permanent position
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 4007 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.