Senior Scientist, Antibody Engineering, Production & Characterization
Job ID 4001
We are seeking a highly-motivated candidate, with demonstrated hands-on computer and laboratory experience in the field of in silico engineering and in vitro production & characterization of therapeutic and diagnostic antibodies. The candidate will interact with members of a multi-disciplinary team in a high-paced and focused environment. The candidate should be aware of recent technology developments in the field, and is expected to be able to multitask, possess proficient written and presentation skills, and demonstrate excellent data management skills.
The candidate will contribute to engineering efforts to optimize variable and constant domains of antibodies to generate novel therapeutic leads.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have the ability to work in a self-directed manner, are flexible, demonstrate initiative and require minimal oversight in the lab to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You want to explore new technologies, opportunities and integrate automation to improve the antibody engineering workflow and process
Required qualifications and experience:
- At minimum, a Master's Degree in Biotechnology or related field
- At least 7 years of experience in an industrial setting such as pharmaceutical or biotechnology companies
- Experience with next-generation sequencing data analysis applied to antibody sequences, DNA/Protein sequence alignment and analysis software, and data visualization software
- Experience with in silico antibody engineering, humanization, affinity maturation and 3D modelling
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with data scientists, computer programmers and biologists to develop new software and novel bioinformatic approaches
- Experience in high-throughput antibody expression and purification techniques in mammalian cell systems
- Experience working with antibody characterization platforms, including SPR, Octet and light scattering
- Experience in various molecular biology techniques including PCRs, cloning techniques, bacterial and mammalian cell culture, and nucleic acid purification
- Experience in establishing procedures to maintain a healthy and safe work environment, with a particular focus on biosafety
Offers & benefits:
- Competitive salary ($60,000 - $80,000, based on experience)
- Extended health and dental benefits package
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation
- Full-time, permanent position
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera Office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
AbCellera is a privately held company located in Vancouver, British Columbia, that engages in partnerships to discover and develop next-generation therapeutic antibodies. AbCellera’s single-cell platform integrates end-to-end capabilities for therapeutic antibody discovery through a combination of technologies including proprietary immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation. Ultra-deep screening of single B cells allows unprecedented access to natural immune responses, enabling rapid isolation of large and diverse panels of high-quality lead antibodies from any species, including humans.
Please refer to Job ID 4001 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.