Front-End Software Developer
Job ID 4002
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented front-end developer, with demonstrated experience in developing user interfaces. The candidate will use their experience to extend an existing user interface for data management and visualization.
Our team is a driven group of friendly software developers. Our collective expertise includes bioinformatics, database management, data visualization, full-stack web development and machine learning. While we work hard, we also value social lunches, fresh air, stretch breaks, and a healthy lifestyle in general.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are personable and friendly
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You enjoy designing and implementing beautiful code
- You enjoy creating an intuitive and effective user experience
- You enjoy automating manual processes
- You enjoy identifying software solutions that will bring novel insights to the end-user
Required qualifications and experience:
- Experience with one or more of the modern front-end JS frameworks (react, vue.js, angular, ember, backbone, etc.), CSS and HTML
- Good communication skills
- Experience with version control
- Mindfulness of programming hygiene (delivery of clean, reusable, documented & tested code that follows best practices and makes use of established design patterns and architectures)
- (Optional, but desired) Familiarity with back-end development (Django, or similar)
How you might spend your days:
- Main project: to expand the user interface of a company-wide web-portal that helps employees enter, retrieve and visualize data produced throughout AbCellera's pipeline
- Discuss needs and wants with (non-technical) users of the UI
- Write specs
- Prioritize/gauge user expectations before jumping into implementation
- Support your team in other projects, as needed
Offers & benefits:
- Competitive salary (based on experience) and benefits package
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera Office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
AbCellera is a privately held company located in Vancouver, British Columbia, that engages in partnerships to discover and develop next-generation therapeutic antibodies. AbCellera’s single-cell platform integrates end-to-end capabilities for therapeutic antibody discovery through a combination of technologies including proprietary immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation. Ultra-deep screening of single B cells allows unprecedented access to natural immune responses, enabling rapid isolation of large and diverse panels of high-quality lead antibodies from any species, including humans.
Please send your application through our website and refer to Job ID 4002 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.