Scientist - Antibody Production & Characterization
Job ID 3002
We are seeking a highly-motivated scientist, with demonstrated hands-on laboratory experience relevant to production & characterization of antibodies to join our multi-disciplinary team in the Molecular Biology & Expression group. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced and focused environment and should be aware of recent technology developments in the field, be able to multitask, possess proficient written and presentation skills, and demonstrate excellent data management skills.
The successful candidate will contribute to our cutting-edge research on monoclonal antibody production and characterization.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver and fast learner who believes in team work to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically, are curious and want to explore new technologies, opportunities and integrate automation to improve the antibody production workflow and process
Qualifications and experience:
- MSc/PhD in Biological Sciences (Biotechnology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or other relevant fields).
- Experience in various molecular biology techniques including PCR and cloning, nucleic acid isolation and prep
- Experience with transient and stable mammalian protein expression and/or extensive experience in protein purification
- Previous experience in high-throughput expression and purification techniques in mammalian cell systems is an asset
- Deep and broad knowledge of protein analytical technology including SEC, techniques for measuring binding affinity and kinetics (e.g. SPR), light scattering, and thermal denaturation
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
How you might spend your days:
- Designing, planning and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Solving problems at a high level
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team
- Liaising with partners and communicating project updates and deliverables
- Developing and implementing standard operating procedures
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
Offers & benefits:
- Full-time, permanent position
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Extended health and dental benefits package
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera Office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
AbCellera is a privately held company located in Vancouver, British Columbia, that engages in partnerships to discover and develop next-generation therapeutic antibodies. AbCellera’s single-cell platform integrates end-to-end capabilities for therapeutic antibody discovery through a combination of technologies including proprietary immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation. Ultra-deep screening of single B cells allows unprecedented access to natural immune responses, enabling rapid isolation of large and diverse panels of high-quality lead antibodies from any species, including humans.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3002 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.