Front-End Software Developer - Data Visualization
Job ID 4004
We are seeking a front-end developer specializing (or looking to specialize) in data visualization. As part of our team, you will create interactive web-based visualizations that bridge the gap between complex data and biological insights.
The Bioinformatics team is a group of driven and friendly software developers with collective expertise spanning bioinformatics, database management, data visualization, full-stack web development and machine learning. When we’re not hard at work, you might find we’re at a team lunch, getting some fresh air, taking a stretch break, or out for a run.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are personable, friendly and a team player
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment
- You are self-motivated, a fast learner and a creative problem solver
- You take pride in designing and implementing beautiful code
- You enjoy creating an intuitive and effective user experience
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Experience creating data visualizations
- Experience with one or more of the modern front-end JS frameworks (react, vue.js, angular, ember, backbone, etc.), CSS and HTML
- Good communication skills
- Experience with version control
- Mindfulness of programming hygiene (delivery of clean, reusable, documented & tested code that follows best practices and makes use of established design patterns and architectures)
- (Optional, but desired) Familiarity with d3.js or some other data visualization development language
- (Optional, but desired) Experience with UI (user interface) and UX (user experience)
- (Optional, but desired) Knowledge of biology and specifically, immunology
How you might spend your days:
- Designing and developing interactive data visualizations for complex biological data
- Discussing needs and wants with (non-technical) users of the UI
- Writing specs
- Prioritizing/gauging user expectations before jumping into implementation
- Lending a helping hand in other projects as needed for the success of the team
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks vacation
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
AbCellera is a privately held company located in Vancouver, British Columbia, that engages in partnerships to discover and develop next-generation therapeutic antibodies. AbCellera’s single-cell platform integrates end-to-end capabilities for therapeutic antibody discovery through a combination of technologies including proprietary immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation. Ultra-deep screening of single B cells allows unprecedented access to natural immune responses, enabling rapid isolation of large and diverse panels of high-quality lead antibodies from any species, including humans.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 4004 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.