Bioinformatics Intern/Co-op - Software Developer
Job ID 4005
We are seeking front-end and back-end software developers (co-op students or interns) to join our Bioinformatics team. As part of our team, you will help us bridge the gap between complex biological data and biological insights.
The Bioinformatics team is a group of driven and friendly software developers. Our collective expertise includes bioinformatics, database management, data visualization, full-stack web development and machine learning. When we’re not hard at work, you might find we’re at a team lunch, getting some fresh air, taking a stretch break, or out for a run.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are personable, friendly and a team player
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment
- You are a self-motivated person, a fast learner, and a creative problem solver
- You take pride in designing and implementing beautiful code
- You enjoy creating an intuitive and effective user experience
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Experience developing the front-end or back-end of web applications
- Good communication skills
- Experience with version control
- Mindfulness of programming hygiene (delivery of clean, reusable, documented & tested code that follows best practices and makes use of established design patterns and architectures)
- (Optional, but desired) Knowledge of biology and specifically, immunology
How you might spend your days:
- Designing a Django backend with a RESTful API to facilitate data access and entry from/to a relational database
- Designing and developing interactive data visualizations for complex biological data
- Translating needs and wants of (non-technical) users of the software into written specs
- Prioritizing/gauging user expectations before jumping into implementation
- Supporting your team in other projects as needed for the success of the team
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- Full time, 4-month or 8-month term
- Compensation commensurate with experience ($2,750-3,750/mo)
- An active lifestyle allowance
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
AbCellera is a privately held company located in Vancouver, British Columbia, that engages in partnerships to discover and develop next-generation therapeutic antibodies. AbCellera’s single-cell platform integrates end-to-end capabilities for therapeutic antibody discovery through a combination of technologies including proprietary immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation. Ultra-deep screening of single B cells allows unprecedented access to natural immune responses, enabling rapid isolation of large and diverse panels of high-quality lead antibodies from any species, including humans.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 4005 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, so are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.