Job ID 1003
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech with an amazing team. We are not afraid of challenge and together we like to tackle tough problems. Our expertise is in the discovery of monoclonal antibodies, a potent class of therapeutics that can be used to treat cancer, immune disorders and infectious diseases.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Bookkeeper, with demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, to join our Finance and Operations Team.
Working closely with your colleagues from the Finance team, you will be primarily responsible for our accounts payable, ensuring that all invoices and transactions are posted and set up for payment. You will also assist with other aspects of our monthly and quarterly financial close process.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are personable, friendly and a team player
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You have strong time management and organizational skills
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner
- You demonstrate initiative and diligence in follow-through
- You enjoy documenting your work meticulously
- You take pride in the accuracy and completeness of your work
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of proven work experience as a bookkeeper
- Educational background in accounting is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Interest in science and technologies
How you might spend your days:
- Retrieving and posting invoices
- Preparing payments to suppliers
- Preparing journal entries for both day-to-day transactions and period-end close procedures
- Preparing GST and PST tax returns
- Reviewing financial accounts
- Assisting in bank reconciliations
- Assisting with external audit requirements
- Assisting with payroll matters
- Assisting with office administration
Offers and benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Full time, permanent position
- Language of work: English
- Location of work: AbCellera Office in Vancouver, BC, Canada
AbCellera is a privately held company located in Vancouver, British Columbia, that engages in partnerships to discover and develop next-generation therapeutic antibodies. AbCellera’s single-cell platform integrates end-to-end capabilities for therapeutic antibody discovery through a combination of technologies including proprietary immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation. Ultra-deep screening of single B cells allows unprecedented access to natural immune responses, enabling rapid isolation of large and diverse panels of high-quality lead antibodies from any species, including humans.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1003 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.