AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a Project Manager to work with our scientists, partners and collaborators to push the frontiers of science. Our ideal candidate is someone with demonstrated experience in managing complex, large-scale research projects with cross-functional teams; who is adept at juggling multiple competing priorities; who enjoys finding creative solutions to unexpected challenges; and who takes pride in the order of a well-crafted Gantt chart. If you’re self-motivated, supremely organized, a team builder, and you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing project proposals or work plan development; working with project teams to define project plans, objectives, budgets, milestones, timelines
- Coordinating the launch of new research projects
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on project progress and expenses
- Performing risk assessments and developing mitigation strategies
- Managing changes to the project in an iterative and adaptive way, and within the constraints of scope, time and cost
- Developing and improving project management processes and guidelines
- Facilitating project meetings, internal and with partners
- Working with the Business Development, Finance, Operations, Legal and other teams as required
- Working with the Safety Officer and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance and safety
- Closing out completed projects
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a M.Sc. or Ph.D. in a STEM-related field, preferred background in immunology, molecular biology, biochemistry or bioinformatics
- You have some project management experience in the biotech industry or in an academic research environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have excellent organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You are adaptable, and have the critical thinking and analytical skills to respond to rapidly changing priorities
- You love to solve problems both big and small, and have a can-do attitude
- You’re creative in your application of project management processes to research
- You have demonstrated leadership skills, and love to find and make connections for synergy
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21080 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.