Research Technician - Molecular Biology
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a Research Technician with experience in molecular biology techniques to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary molecular biology group. This role is intended for a scientist who possesses strong bench skills in the field of molecular or cell biology, is highly motivated, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Performing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates, including some aspects of experimental planning
- Operating and maintaining lab instruments and automation robots as part of our standard pipeline
- Preparing and propagating engineered cell lines and libraries to express antibodies
- Organizing, supporting, and collaborating with team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Ordering and maintaining stocks of consumables and reagents
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are a creative problem solver who believes in teamwork to tackle the most challenging scientific problems
- You are self-motivated and have the initiative and the drive to meet goals under tight project timelines
- You think critically and you are excited about exploring new technologies and developments in the field
Required qualifications and experience:
- A MSc in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry, Biotechnology or other relevant fields) or BSc with additional academic or industry experience in a wet lab environment
- Experience in molecular biology techniques including PCR, cloning, and plasmid preparation
- Experience with mammalian cell culture including transient or viral based protein expression in mammalian systems is an asset
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills in a team-focused setting, and an ability to analyze and present scientific data
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21247 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.