Technician - Cell Biology & Assay Development
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a highly motivated and conscientious candidate with a passion for cell biology to join our dynamic Cell Screening group. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- High-throughput screening of single cells using proprietary, cutting-edge technology
- Actively contributing to project execution including assay development, validation, data analysis and reporting
- Performing reagent quality control and conducting fluorescence-based immunoassays, using flow cytometry and/or microscopy
- Routine handling of mammalian cell cultures including stable cell line maintenance, transient transfections, freezing and thawing cells
- Maintaining cell stocks and freezer inventories
- Preparing cell isolates from primary sources
- Preparing, labelling and making aliquots of common lab reagents
- Organizing, ordering and managing common inventory and reagents
- Supporting and collaborating with members from various teams to meet project deliverables and timelines
- Preparing and presenting data at team meetings
- Growing your technical skill set and engaging in professional development
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are able to work in a self-directed manner, demonstrate initiative, and are willing to work flexible hours
- You thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Minimum BSc with work experience in a laboratory environment preferred, or MSc in relevant field (may include but not limited to Cell Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Health Sciences)
- Strong background in cell and tissue culture using sterile techniques
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience in flow cytometry and microscopy (optional, but desired)
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21115 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.