Finance Analyst - Projects, FP&A
We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Finance Analyst to join our Finance team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance & Project Management teams, you will be primarily responsible for developing reports, data analysis and making recommendations to enable data driven financial decision making as driving our project budgeting and forecasting activities.
How you might spend your days:
- Building and improving on analytical processes, forecasting tools and KPIs with a particular focus on the management of both scientific & large capital project finances
- Owning and developing project budgeting and forecasting to support our operational planning cycle
- Setting up and managing processes for smooth monthly reporting to both internal teams and external funders. Monitoring progress against projects - identifying, investigating and reporting on variances to budget and working with project management to identify risks in achieving deliverables
- Performing grant reporting and generating claims for external funders
- Supporting revenue recognition and forecasting processes
- Performing ad-hoc analysis and modelling to support decision making
- Providing general support to the wider finance team as needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a similar role and a post-secondary degree in a relevant field or have/are near to completing a related professional designation (CPA, CFA, ACCA)
- You have advanced excel skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly. Experience with a complex planning software would be an asset.
- You are a self starter with proven experience developing financial reporting processes and an ability to work independently
- You are flexible and thrive in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- You have experience in a scientific or project focused business
- You are able to communicate with audiences from non-financial backgrounds
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way
Please send us your application through our website and refer to JD 1047 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.