Scientist - Immunization
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist with demonstrated hands-on laboratory and data analysis experience in immunology and cell biology to join our dynamic Cell Screening group. We focus on the discovery of therapeutic antibodies from natural immune repertoires, and believe that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems.
The successful candidate will interact with a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced and focused environment. The candidate is expected to be able to multitask, problem-solve, think critically, and demonstrate scientific rigour.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our highly motivated team on platform development related to the generation of high-quality antibodies
- Designing in vivo experiments to interrogate the immune responses of various species
- Designing in vitro experiments, including the development of assays for antibody discovery against challenging targets
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments, either independently or in collaboration with your teammates
- Analyzing and interpreting data to inform further platform development and in vivo campaigns, presenting data and conclusions
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team
- Maintaining and implementing standard operating procedures while recognizing opportunities for improvements and innovation
- Organizing, supporting and collaborating with other team members to meet project deliverables and timelines
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD in relevant field or MSc plus at least 5 years work experience in relevant field
- Experience in immunology; specific experience in B cell biology and the development of antibody-based assays is an asset
- Experience with designing in vivo and in vitro studies
- Experience with sterile techniques and tissue culture
- Experience with cell-based assay development, flow cytometry and microscopy
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours (evening and occasional weekends)
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 2013 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.