Senior Research Scientist - Immune Profiling
Recently featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team. We are seeking an experienced Senior Scientist with a proven leadership record to help drive R&D efforts in our innovative immune profiling team. This role is intended for a scientist with a strong background in immunology and data analysis, who wants to understand how immune responses can be harnessed for drug discovery and health care. There is a universe of opportunities in the complex immune system, and we are looking for the right person to join our very dynamic team of passionate scientists, engineers and software developers committed to solving the biggest problems in drug discovery.
How you might spend your days:
- Providing leadership in the design, planning and execution of experiments and R&D strategies to profile immune repertoires of immunized rodents and human patient samples
- Liaising with our cell biology, sequencing, bioinformatic, software and engineering teams to support the research activities of a large cross functional team
- Reporting progress of the cross functional team at key meetings with leadership or company-wide
- Supporting and collaborating with team members to scope projects, meet project deliverables and timelines
- Mentoring scientists at all levels
- Analyzing and presenting large datasets to colleagues and partners
- Evaluating new technology to improve and invent new processes
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You want to collaborate with innovative biology, engineering and software teams to tackle the biggest problems in drug discovery
- You have a strong background in immunology and immune profiling
- You have deep knowledge of high-throughput sequencing strategies
- You love working with people, are an excellent mentor and communicator and are comfortable managing the interests of diverse stakeholders
- You put teamwork first, and foster a collaborative, inclusive and friendly environment
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in immunology or related field and 5+ years of industry or academic experience
- Demonstrated experience in advanced immune profiling, immunology, cell biology and data analysis
- Strong mentorship experience and the desire to lead by example
- Broad experience with data manipulation and analysis of large data sets
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Experience presenting complex data to audiences large and small, both internally and at international conferences
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to help identify strategic goals and then help get us there
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
- And of course, the opportunity to make a real difference, working on challenging problems that matter
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation – revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators to keep pushing what is possible. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to keep us at the forefront.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 3025 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.