Payroll and Benefits Administration Manager
We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Payroll and Benefits Administration Manager to join our growing team at AbCellera. We believe we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance and People and Culture teams, you will be primarily responsible for managing and administering the company’s payroll processes and performing benefits administration. You will also be AbCellera's go-to person for all things payroll and benefits-related as well as play a key part in communicating and addressing questions about company policies and procedures.
How you might spend your days:
- Managing and administering the timely processing of payroll transactions including salaries, employee benefits, and associated tax impacts
- Inputting changes and adjustments into ADP Workforce Now
- Monitoring and ensuring accuracy of all data inputted into ADP Workforce Now
- Ensuring accurate processing of payroll onboarding, adjustments, and offboarding requirements including ROE submission, payroll deductions, tax adjustments and T4 preparation
- Managing benefits enrolments and determining employee eligibility
- Communicating with employees about payroll and benefits-related inquiries and concerns
- Reviewing and preparing payroll data and reports
- Liaising between departments to ensure all daily tasks are carried out
- Resolving payroll discrepancies by analyzing information
- Assisting with general operations when needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ payroll administration/management experience
- You have completed and/or are nearing completion of the Canadian Payroll Association CPM designation
- You have a strong understanding of payroll regulatory requirements and the BC Employment Standards Act
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel skills and are adept at learning new software systems quickly. Experience with ADP WorforceNow is a plus
- You have experience administering both Canadian and US payroll
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- You are a personable team player with strong respect for sensitive and confidential nature of payroll information
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in one of our beautiful offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada (all in the trendy Mount Pleasant neighbourhood)
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1048 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.