We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a highly-motivated and experienced Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. We believe we can tackle the most challenging scientific problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance team, you will be primarily responsible for contributing to the management of our accounting processes and leading our technical accounting procedures. You will work with the broader AbCellera team to ensure our policies and procedures, as they relate to Finance, are set up to support our continued growth.
How you might spend your days:
- Acting as a key contributor to quarterly and annual financial reporting, including monthly accounting entries for complex accounting areas
- Managing various technical accounting topics including revenue, leases, and equity
- Assisting with monthly and quarterly close processes including payments, various reconciliations
- Ensuring that AbCellera’s financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and applicable accounting standards
- Contributing to formalizing internal accounting controls procedures as they relate to overall financial reporting
- Mentoring a growing accounting and finance team
- Assisting with new systems implementation and integration as it relates to finance and accounting functions
- Assisting with external auditor requests for period end reporting requirements.
- Collaborating with special projects, transactions, and general operations where necessary
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ work experience in a similar role
- You have a CPA and/or equivalent designation
- You demonstrate initiative, accountability, and diligence in follow-through
- You think critically and show great judgement in your decision-making process
- You are a personable, adaptable, and proficient team player
- You have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You have strong time management, organizational and analytical skills
- You have an interest in the biotech industry and are curious to learn
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - revolutionizing how our scientists can mine natural immune systems to discover new antibody therapies, and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of accountants, administrators, biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists, and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology, it’s also about having efficient and seamless operations based on teamwork and cutting-edge tools. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators across the entire organization. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 1052 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.