Laboratory Automation Technician
We are a young, collaborative, and driven company with innovation at our core. As we grow our cutting-edge platform for antibody discovery, we are looking for a technician to join our laboratory automation team. As a Laboratory Automation Technician, you will be primarily responsible for the regular operation and maintenance of our high throughput lab instruments and be the point-person for our day-to-day automation users. We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated and self-directed, a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment with multiple competing priorities, and above all, someone who can learn and grow with us.
How you might spend your days:
- Operating lab instruments and robotics as part of our standard discovery and expression pipeline
- Helping scientists to use and troubleshoot automated workflows
- Performing maintenance and basic calibration checks on a range of instruments
- Working together with our lab management team for scheduled repairs and preventative maintenance from the supplier
- Identifying needs for new automation, or additional applications for existing automation, through interactions with our lab teams
- Training other lab users and engineers to operate instruments independently
What we’re looking for:
- A BSc in a relevant field, e.g., a life sciences degree with a technical aptitude towards high throughput instruments or an engineering degree with some electives in the life sciences
- An interest in laboratory robotics and instrumentation
- Someone who effectively manages their time, and can multitask and navigate changing priorities
- Someone meticulous and careful, with an eye for details to review other programmer’s code
- Excellent communication skills with a range of multidisciplinary colleagues (engineers, lab scientists, project managers)
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- You have worked in a high-throughput lab environment, with liquid handlers and complex sample and data tracking
- A basic understanding of computer programming
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- A seat in one of our beautiful offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multidisciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 5010 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.