Scientist - Infectious Disease
AbCellera is a vibrant, rapidly growing company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. We are seeking an experienced scientist with a strong background in infectious disease and research management to join our dynamic Cell Screening team. This role offers the exciting opportunity to contribute to therapeutic antibody discovery from natural immune repertoires using cutting-edge technologies, while working in one of Canada’s top biotech companies. We are a multidisciplinary team that believes that through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support, together we can solve the biggest challenges in drug discovery. If you’re highly motivated, self-directed, and a team-player who thrives in a fast-paced and focused environment, we’d love to hear from you. Our infectious disease discovery projects involve reporting to diverse stakeholders and managing multiple related objectives and resources. The candidate is expected to have exceptional organizational and collaborative skills, be able to multitask, problem-solve, think critically, and demonstrate scientific rigor.
How you might spend your days:
- Working with our highly motivated team on projects related to the identification of high-quality antibodies. The scope of the work may include the development of in vitro assays that include various mammalian cell lines and primary cells.
- Optimizing and troubleshooting the development of screening assays for high-throughput antibody discovery and antibody validation.
- Coordination and design input on characterization assays in collaboration with other functional groups at AbCellera.
- Maintaining inventories of reagents, tracking project progress and supporting lab personnel engaged in the project.
- Supporting and collaborating with other team members and external partners to meet project deliverables, including integrating the goals and objectives of multiple stakeholders.
- Organization, documentation and analysis of large data sets to provide scientific rationale for key decisions within the project and communicating these analyses to key stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Solving problems at a high level.
- Training, mentoring and supervising members of a dynamic team.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You are experienced in infectious disease research
- You have exceptional organizational skills, you enjoy planning and managing lab-based projects
- You are proficient in the analysis and interpretation of data
- You have strong presentation and communication skills
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy mentoring and bringing out the best in your teammates
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- Post-doc or PhD in relevant field, or MSc plus at least 5 years’ work experience in relevant field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in infectious disease research
- Experience in immunology and development of antibody-based assays
- Demonstrated experience in cell biology and data analysis
- Experience in coordination and management of research efforts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively
- Strong leadership skills, including demonstrated mentorship & training
- Impeccable attention to detail
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21113 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.