Corporate Development Analyst
AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
As a Corporate Development Analyst, you will support a wide range of Corporate Development initiatives related to AbCellera’s inorganic growth activities. Your project-based responsibilities will be assigned and closely managed by Corporate Development Associates and Senior Managers, though with time and growing confidence you will be expected to increasingly work independently. The research and analysis that you conduct will play a critical role in assessing new strategic opportunities and partnerships which will help inform key business decisions. These decisions will include new strategies and investments that enhance organizational capabilities, drive revenue growth, improve operating efficiencies or mitigate risk.
How you might spend your days:
- Conducting analysis and research to support projects of various complexity, including:
- Large corporate projects and growth initiatives
- Commercial Due Diligence relating to potential acquisitions
- Real estate capacity planning
- Non-dilutive external funding (scientific grants, philanthropy, governmental etc.)
- Contributing to the development of analyses of internal and public information sources
- Conducting primary research with industry experts and independent secondary research
- Consulting regularly with broader Corporate Development team to provide updates on progress and reviewing outputs of your work
- Presenting your research and analysis and communicating key findings to the broader Corporate Development team
- Preparing project-related presentations for executive-level meetings
- Arranging and coordinating appointments and meetings, gathering materials for distribution and making other preparations for meetings, as required.
- Preparing and distributing meeting minutes
- Proactively developing a broad knowledge of analytical methodologies and pharmaceutical markets through participation in formal and informal learning opportunities
- Taking on additional responsibilities, as required
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- A strong academic track record (preference for M.Sc or Ph.D level candidates)
- Exceptional numeracy skills and have a passion for deriving insights from analyses
- A flexible & problem-solving mindset, excellent attention to detail
- 1-2 years experience in the consulting, pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry is desirable
- Competency using MS Excel (experience using Visual Basic is a plus) and MS PowerPoint
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with strong sense of professionalism
- The ability to develop and maintain fruitful, collaborative relationships and can exemplify a “can-do” attitude
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21034 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.