People & Culture Administrator
Recently featured on Fast Company’s 2020 list of Most Innovative Companies, AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team. We are seeking a People & Culture Administrator to support our expanding team. Our ideal candidate is someone who understands and embodies our culture. Someone compassionate and kind, curious and open minded, someone who is trustworthy and who inspires trust. As our dynamic team is rapidly expanding, we’re looking for someone willing to grow with us, adapt, and support multiple facets of People & Culture. A background in biology not needed, just be ready for a crash course in immunology and drug discovery!
How you might spend your days:
- Coordinating and facilitating onboarding activities for new AbCellerites
- Communicating with hiring managers/team leads, Facilities, IT, and People & Culture to coordinate onboarding activities
- Serving as the “go-to” resource for for answering AbCellerites’ questions and connecting them with the appropriate internal resources
- Administering AbCellera’s group benefits program including new employee enrollment, terminations, and changes
- Maintaining HR employee data in our HRIS system and ensuring data integrity
- Assisting in the preparation of employee letters and work permit applications
- Working closely with your team members on the People & Culture and Finance teams in process improvement initiatives
- Managing the HR shared inbox as the first point of contact for general employee queries
- Helping to coordinate company events, assisting with administrative tasks and office management
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate in Human Resources Management or related discipline, or have the equivalent combination of skills and experience
- You have the ability to work in a self-directed manner and exercise good judgement, are flexible, and demonstrate initiative
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- You are diligent, organized and able to juggle multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- You have exquisite attention to detail
- You’re tactful, thoughtful, and a great communicator
- You want to learn about us, our technology, and our pipeline to explore how the HR team can support the various needs of the company
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up – custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, and laboratory automation – revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do it. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, computer scientists and physicists – all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to tailor our HR approach and help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21065 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.