Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
We are a young, driven and innovative company looking for a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator to join our lab management team. We believe that we can tackle the most challenging problems through teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a self-motivated and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and you take pride in helping others, we’d love to hear from you.
How you might spend your days:
- Coordinating shipping and receiving of biological specimens and other packages in proper compliance with approved procedures
- Following up with suppliers, lab users, custom brokers, or shipping companies regarding any delivery/shipment issues in a timely manner
- Receiving incoming shipments from various vendors and distributing them to central storage locations
- Checking and signing delivery slips and keeping inventories organized
- Receiving and updating inventories in a procurement/inventory management system
- Maintaining our shipping area to ensure it’s secure and in working order and replenishing shipping supplies as needed
- Working with staff to analyze potential cost savings, better transportation and faster shipping times
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
Required qualifications and experience:
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- (Optional, but desired) Familiarity with HTS codes, FDA import codes, COA, COO and other documentation needed for the importing and exporting of goods.
- 1 year experience in related field
- You are friendly and personable with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You show initiative and thrive in a team-based environment
- You have excellent documentation and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You can successfully juggle multiple tasks and have outstanding time management skills
- You are accountable, reliable, punctual, and resilient, with an unwavering work ethic
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for professional and personal development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 21086 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.